Cura Group navigation
Cura Day Hospitals Group provides high quality services and a deeply caring approach to our patients. Our suppliers also play an important role in providing optimal care for our patients and they contribute to our sustainability efforts.
As part of a global health care company, we have established policies and procedures to comply with respective laws and regulations worldwide. Our principles for responsible procurement reflect our efforts and commitment to implementing and promoting sustainable business practices in our daily operations. We expect our suppliers to comply with our sustainability requirements and to share this commitment to sustainability throughout their supply chains.
Global Supplier Code of Conduct
We have defined global standards that are applicable to our worldwide supply chain. These standards are set out in our Supplier Code of Conduct.
Our Supplier Code of Conduct includes the following six key principles:
- Integrity and Ethics – Suppliers are expected to act with integrity and to conduct their business in an ethically responsible manner
- Human Rights and Labor Conditions – Suppliers shall seek to provide a safe, fair, respectful, and non-discriminatory working environment to all its workers and contractors.
- Occupational Health and Safety – Suppliers have to provide a safe, secure, hygienic and healthy working environment. We expect our suppliers to take all necessary precautions to avoid injury or harm.
- Environment – Suppliers shall make their best efforts to minimize the adverse impacts of their activities on the environment and to control and eliminate any significant environmental risks.
- Quality – Suppliers shall strive to uphold high quality standards and ensure the protection of their products from unauthorized third parties.
- Governance and Management Systems – Suppliers shall be committed to fulfill ethical principles, maintain necessary documentation to confirm that, set improvement objectives and evaluate risks in all areas related to business ethics.
The Supplier Code of Conduct is part of the contracts between Cura Day Hospitals Group, as part of Fresenius Medical Care, and its suppliers and sets out principles, which serve as minimum requirements our suppliers must adhere to.
Inspired by international standards such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (ILO declaration), the UN Global Compact, and the EU Green Public Procurement Guidelines, the Supplier Code of Conduct represents our understanding of sustainability in the supply chain.